News and comment
The news stories on this page have been written and produced by a third party and neither nor its representatives can be held responsible for the accuracy of the content/information contained within these stories.
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
Citywire Investment News
- Saturday Newspaper Summaries
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 00:01:00 Z
- LG manager exits following Global Macro fund closure
Fri, 07 Mar 2014 16:42:00 Z
Ben Gill took over the fund from David North in 2011, which has underperformed over the past three years.
- Gold dips, FTSE 100 volatile after US jobs data
Fri, 07 Mar 2014 15:32:00 Z
US labour report seen as supporting Federal Reserve's current pace of stimulus 'tapering'.
- Ex-Thames River director Mike Warren joins adviser firm
Fri, 07 Mar 2014 13:42:03 Z
Former Thames River†director Mike Warren has joined adviser firm Carrington Investments as a non-executive director.
Citywire Money, Tax and Property
- Over £1bn of cash raided from UK homes to pay bills
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 08:22:00 Z
More people will turn to the equity in their homes to clear mortgages and pay bills in 2014.
BBC Business News
- 'Great uncertainty' in tax crackdown
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 00:33:28 GMT
Government forecasts for what it expects to recoup from closing tax loopholes are vulnerable to "great uncertainty", MPs say.
- VIDEO: On board a $300m superyacht
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 00:16:12 GMT
Nima Abu Wardeh takes a tour of the most expensive superyacht currently on the market.
- Boeing checks 787s for wing cracks
Fri, 07 Mar 2014 23:24:13 GMT
US aerospace company Boeing says it is checking 787 Dreamliner planes under production for potential "hairline cracks" in wings.
- VIDEO: InterRail timetable back on track
Fri, 07 Mar 2014 22:09:19 GMT
After ceasing publication last summer, one man has risked all, by reviving the European Rail Timetable, the backpacker's bible
- 'Contact lost' with Malaysia plane
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 01:03:58 GMT
Malaysia Airlines says it has lost contact with flight MH370 travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board.
- VIDEO: 'We fear a backlash against Russian-Americans'
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 00:56:08 GMT
Ukrainian and Russian immigrants to the US talk to the BBC about how they see the crisis in their homelands
- Lib Dems to push for income tax cuts
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 00:49:43 GMT
Raising the income tax allowance to £12,500 will be a Lib Dem demand in future coalition talks, the party is to say.
- Rio bin men on strike despite deal
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 00:45:46 GMT
Rubbish is piling up in Rio de Janeiro as the Brazilian city's street cleaners continue a strike, despite an announced agreement with the union.